Friday, June 11, 2010

Family!!!

this past week i have been thinking a lot about my family and how much i miss them and love them!so toady i thought i would dedicate a post just to them!
first i'm going to start of with my mom!
she is the most incredible person i know and such an inspiration in my life!many people don't know this but my mom grew up on the streets, and in many foster homes. She has six other siblings and also has a twin brother, and out of all of her siblings she was the only one not sucked into using drugs and alcohol as an outlet. She was introduced to the LDS church from one of her foster families when she was growing up and new it was true because she had heard and felt the spirit around her and heavenly father protecting her. My siblings and i were never allowed to meet any of her siblings except for one of her sisters who ended up changing her life around and is now like my mom in the church and has a beautiful family. So last summer my grandma lucy died(my moms mom), and although i had only met her a few times it was still painful, and even though she may not have brought her children up in the best environment she had moved in with my aunt and had started going to church as well, she was the greeter! haha and i know she past away happy and content with where her life had ended. So after she past away my aunt had decided to have a memorial for her and invited all of her siblings my mom included!So after 20+ years of not seeing or talking to her siblings my mom was going to be reacquainted with them once more and me and my sister got to go along for the trip!I have never felt so many emotions in one day. I met all of my aunts and uncles and cousins i've never met before and   i was filled with so much joy as was my mom. It was crazy to see what years of drugs and alcohol abuse can do to a person, but it was so great to see that most of them were clean and happy!Now my mom talks to most of them all the time and its so great to see them all happy!My mom is so amazing and has been the number one example in my life, i can talk to her about anything and we have always stuck together through thick and thin and i have  learned so much form her!LOVE YOU MOM!!!
Next is mi padre! My dad was born in Argentina but moved to california with his family when he was three because he and his family were introduced to the LDS church and the missionaries told them they would have a  better life in the u.s. so my grandma and grandpa packed up the kids and their belongings and moved out to ca. After moving he and his siblings grew up in monrovia, he has five other siblings and they are all still active in the church! My dad is one of the most hard working guys i know, he is always wanting the best for us and i bet he'll work till the day he dies!haha he's always supported me in my decisions and  trusts that ill make good choices and have good morals. He and my mom divorced when i was five but stayed friends for our benefit. He recently just got remarried for the first time and it makes me happy knowing he is happy and that they have a great life together. He is always checking up on me and i love that he wants to be so involved in my life, LOVE YOU POPS!!! 
 Bela!
This is my beautiful grandmother(dads mom) Noami! i can't really remember the story but for some reason we call her Bela, my entire family has been using this name for as long as i can remember. i guess none of the kids could say her name and we didn't want to call her grandma so she is our Bela! my grandmother has been living with us at our dads house since my oldest brother was born, my entire life.this is the first time i haven't lived with her and it's weird! haha Bela is probably the coolest lady i know!she's very blunt and outspoken and says whats on her mind and i love that about her! if she likes you she'll tell you and if she doesn't she'll will  unfortunately tell you that as well!haha she is always smiling and laughing and putting every one before her. I have learned a lot from her and her example since she took care of us every day while my parents were at work and one thing she really taught well by her example was service!i love calling her and just chatting she is so fun to talk to!i love her sooo much she has been such an amazing person in my life! LOVE YOU BELA!!!
Andy!
This is my oldest brother andrew!He will be 24 in october and is the life of the party!Andy is probably the funnest person to be around, he is always smiling and making everyone laugh!haha oh and he hasss to be the center of attention most of the time, he loves people and has no bubble!He is pursuing a career in acting and modeling and being an actor has been his passion his entire life. Me and andy have always had a special bond, while growing up all of us siblings were really close but whenever a fight broke out we were always on each others side!haha and we can tell each other anything, we always ask each other for advice and help whenever we need it and i know i can always count on him. He recently just moved to provo from la in pursuit of a wife haha and is doing really well down there, it's a lot of fun having him out in utah with me!He's just been such a great role model to have in my life!LOVE YOU AP!!!
matty!
This fine lad is my brother matthew!He just turned 22 and is currently living with my mom in san clemente until he leaves for boot camp in a few weeks. Matt is probably the sweetest guy i know he is so genuine and an all around great guy!any girl who ends up with him will be the happiest girl in the world because he is going to be the best husband and father ever!He is also one who puts every one before himself, he never asks for anything and is just always wanting to have a good care free time. While growing up he was always the peace keeper haha and hated it when we would fight and was always the one getting between me and my sis when we had our claws out. haha Like andrews passion for acting matt has always had a passion for the military, it runs through his blood!and hes finally been able to do what he loves!its going to be really sad when he leaves for boot camp because hes just such a great person to be around. While growing up almost every night matt and andy would come into my sis and i's room to just have a heart to heart and talk, and when andy went on his mission matt would still come in and talk and those are some of my fondest memories. it was so great having brothers who wanted to be involved in my life and have a relationship! Whenever i come home from school me and matt still always have at least one good heart to heart at night before we go to bed and i just learn so much from him!LOVE YOU MATTY!!!
Rach!
This is my beautiful sister rachael!Rach is currently in san clemente with my mom but will be going up to school at byu i in the fall, and she is 20 years old! rach is so unique and creative, she's one of a kind! rach like andy is an actress! She is so amazing, all growing up she was in theater and dance and in high school she kept with it and continued to do what she loved. I love seeing her in shows, she is so versatile and when she is up on stage it is like she is at home! I was always jealous of her growing up because she was so great at acting and dancing and i wished i could do those things but to be honest i was awful! haha growing up me and rach didn't always get along...we probably fought at least once a day over the silliest things but i think thats normal for sisters, especially if your only a year and half apart in age! haha so we had our own little outlets to get away from the wold for a bit and rach's was acting. Now were best friends!it just took some growing up and moving away to realize that we both love each other to death.haha She is the best big sister i could ask for and i know that if i ever need some one to talk to shes there for me and she knows that i will always be here for her!LOVE YOU SISTER!!!
David!
Last but certainly not least is my little brother david...but sometimes i like to call him dave, davybaby, buzz, but my favorite is poopy!haha i dont why i ever started calling him that but it hooked and i'm the only one who gets to call him that!haha but now that he is at the ripe age of 15 he doesn't like it so much but i still call him it anyways!haha Dave is the special one in the fam, he got all of the brain juice, grades, girls, athleticism, and popularity something me nor any of my other sibs were blessed with haha he is so bright and is just starting to realize it, he doesn't even have to try in school and he'll get a good great unlike me who had to work my butt off!haha He's so smart in 8th grade they did star testing and his scores alone raised his entire middle schools score!Crazzzzy i knowwww hahah im so jealous of him! haha but i love him to death! he is very independent and grew up really fast, but...on a good day he can be the sweetest most cuddly guy around!..i love those days haha Dave is always cracking jokes and making everyone laugh and knows way to much for his young age!haha i love just talking to him..well tying to talk to him..haha at that age they don't say much!haha but he's always such a joy to be around and i miss him a lot, he's my minny me and we always have a lot of fun when we are together!LOVE YOU POOPY!!!

Welll there you have it, a brief tid bit about my whole family!haha sorry my post was so long i just love them all so much! were so close to each other, i am so blessed to have them and their examples in my life, and i can't wait to see them all again in aug! family is so important to me and knowing that i can be with them for eternity is so amazing!they all complete me and i wouldn't be who or where i am today if it wasn't for their encouragement, support, and love!
LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!MUAHHH

6 comments:

  1. I love this post.
    there is nothing better than family.
    and I love your family and I dont even know them (especially AP. he's my soulmate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this post Jennika!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I feel like I've met them all now....tell your siblings to become doctors....NOT actors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! It is easy to see why you love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the few that I have met, "the warriors" are tight!!! haha :)

    ReplyDelete