Saturday, June 12, 2010

Passion!

many of you don't know this but my passion in life is photography!this next semester i'm going to be applying for the art major with an emph in photography and i'm so excited to be really just focused on my art!i was introduced to the photography world back in my junior year of high school. i had just transfered schools and was picking classes and i didn't want to do the theater thing like my fam anymore, i wanted to try something new so i chose to sign up for the photography class. and boy was that the best choice i have ever made!i had never taken photos, especially using film so it was a whole new exciting experience and i fell in love with it!i fell in love with film, the dark room, the people, and even the smell of the chemicals!haha this past semester i had to take a drawing class so i couldn't be in photo, so every time i had class i would walk by the photo lab just to smell the room haha weird i know but the dark room is my home away from home!first semester i would sometimes be in there from four in the afternoon until one in the morning, and sometimes even later!i love everything about photography, thinking of creative stories or concepts, choosing models, printing, editing, evvveryything!!! and i really hope to one day make it in the crazy photography industry!haha i love people, nature and still lifes are alright but people just draw me in, especially their eyes!fashion photography would have to be my favorite or just going down the street taking candid shots of people. but fashion is my favvvoriteeee!sometimes ill just go online and look up fashion photographers and just click a name and see what their stuff is like!today i was online and i discovered a man named Andrew Yee and his work was amazing!some of of my favorite photographers are Richard Avedon, Annie Leibovitz, and Mary Ellen Mark!hopefully one day i will be as good as these amazing photographers and make a name for myself in the industry:)
here is my film work from high school
my friends agency chose my photo for the cover of her card!i was so excited!
my high school bought this one from me and made it bigger and hung it up in the theater!


 sorry it looks like the quality is bad i just don't have a scanner right now so i had to take pics of the pics haha but i hope you liked them!i will post my work from college in the next post!

9 comments:

  1. Jennika, I don't know much about this stuff but I could swear you copy and pasted those from a museums website, they are really cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I agree with Kevin. These are OUTSTANDING! Can't wait to see the college collection. Big D loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all amazing!!!!!!!! I'm way impressed! I think you got a future in photography, hopefully photographing the bulls and hawks right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Will you teach me how to work my camera this summer? Canon 50D. I am lost.

    AND, you should def. plan on coming to NYC to start in the business...you have to assist for a long time, but then you get your start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...and I think SAMYO should try modeling, so start working on his book will ya?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh thank you guys so much!im glad you like it!!!sam i would do sports butttt ive never really tried it soo i dont know how great i would be but ill consider it! hahah but kev lis and big d!haha thanks so much those are such great compliments it means a lot to me that you guys like my work!and kage wow thank you!thats probably one of the best compliments ive ever gotten about my work!haha i will for sure help you out with your camera if i can haha cameras are so confusing its still hard for me to remember everything haha and i agree with samyo modeling maybe if were not to busy this week and he wants to ill take some photos of him! thanks guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are incredible! I'm so excited to see your work in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete